Galentine’s Day is all about celebrating the special women in your life. It’s a time to get your girlfriends together and show them how special they are to you. Ariel of The Hostess Helper joins me again with her very special Modern Galentine’s Day Party. She has great tips to share so you can host a Galentine’s Day party of your own - one that’s fun and features an informal tablescape.
12 Tips for Hosting Your Own Modern Galentine’s Day Party
• Use different size vases filled with roses, carnations and ranunculus in shades of pink and red. The flowers featured here are from Farm Girl Flowers and they can ship their pretty blooms to you.
This post contains affiliate links - when clicked and a purchase is made, I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting handmade shops and my party blog.
• Display candles in assorted sizes and colors to match your party.
• Kate Spade inspired decor with black and white stripes brings in the modern vibe.
• Place printable signs into frames for extra fun decor details on the table. These signs were from Sweet Rain Designs and read “all you need is love and a cupcake” and “she has a way with words, red lipstick, and making an entrance”.
• Continue with the black and white decor with your serving platters and a cute x’s and o’s table runner - both from Pier 1.
• For food - keep it simple and order take-out for the main portion and then you can focus on making the desserts extra special.
• Create a treat board with chocolate covered pretzels from Whole Foods Market, black & white and red velvet cupcakes from Sprinkles, long stem strawberries, Maggie Louise Confections’ lipstick shaped chocolates, Hershey Kisses, and M&Ms. There were even custom macarons from The Sweet Smith that matched the theme.
• Using elements that relate to each other will pull the entire party theme together - for instance the Kate Spade quote about lipstick and the Maggie Louise Confections’ chocolate lipsticks. Ariel likes to focus on the small details to make the party feel personalized. And, I absolutely agree - those little details are always noticed by party guests and make it so much more special for them.
• Create special gift boxes for your girlfriends to take home with them. Ariel packaged up the goodies inside makeup bags from Sweet Water Decor and tucked inside there were socks from Target, Customized Valentine’s Day chocolate covered pretzels from Fatty Sundays, and Baked By Melissa 6 pack of cupcakes.
PS: For purchases from Sweet Water Decor, if you use code “hostess_helper” at checkout, you will receive 25% off your order.
• Ariel wrapped the cover of the cupcake box in black and white wrapping paper and filled the inside of each gift box with pink tissue paper and my very own Festive Fetti confetti.
Ariel’s best advice for anyone hosting a Galentine’s day party is to have fun with it. I love that she says “it’s okay to get messy with your tablescape design”.
What’s your favorite decor detail from this Galentine’s Day Party? I’d love to know what you ❤️ the most from this modern party table in the comments.
PS: Thank you to Ariel of the Hostess Helper for joining me on my party blog.