Guest Blogging with Lynn Steinberg of Goodies for Gifts - Today I am pleased to welcome Lynn to the blog to share some creative ideas for incorporating new food trends into your next baby shower or event...
Giving food as shower favors has been a notable trend for years, but today there are so many innovative and delicious new treats readily available online that make the old tradition seem new with all the modern twists. With boutique delicacies on the web, you now have convenient access to new foods for favors, to serve at the shower or for gifts. And you can buy them with the click of a mouse – no additional errands needed.
One of the best ways to make a big impression at a baby shower is to customize the food especially for the mother-to-be. Here are some fun new options you can try:
1. Pink or blue? Turn the baby’s name and birthday into custom cookies for guests to take home and enjoy, from cookie experts like Frosted by Lesley.
2. Can’t make it to the baby shower at all? Send a bouquet of cake pops from Raleigh Cake Pops to let the guests and host know you’re thinking of them!
3. eCreamery is well known for customized ice cream flavors and labels. They even have a pregnancy cravings ice cream gift – peanut butter and pickles! You can also customize the label on each pint with a personal message.
4. Planning a baby shower can be stressful! Skip the hassle of shopping for a cake and order a delicious Key Lime Cake from Dockside Market. Guests will think you baked it yourself – don’t worry, we won’t tell!
5. Or, find a personal connection to food by giving the mother-to-be a basket of the treats the two of you shared growing up like the Sweet Memories Gift Box from Lola’s Sugar Rush.
6. Madyson’s Marshmallows makes delicious and adorable Bootie Pops that make perfect shower favors!
And remember, the daddy-to-be deserves attention too! You can get him a “manly” gift to share with the boys! Beer cupcakes, bacon-infused popcorn and beer candy are sure to satisfy his cravings!
So, if you have a baby shower coming up and you’re completely clueless what to serve, wow the shower guests with unique food from all across the country. Just remember, when shopping for food online, check out the website’s shipping recommendations so you’re sure to get things fresh and on time for the special day!
About the author
Lynn Steinberg started Goodies For Gifts as a food review blog. As it built in popularity and realizing people were increasingly looking for food to give as presents, she expanded it into an online resource. You can find food gifts like the ones mentioned above on her website. Today, Goodies For Gifts is the first and only website providing consumers a free resource to find, buy and share unique, edible “goodies” to give as gifts. Visit now at www.goodiesforgifts.com.